Take action! Your calls, emails and letters to elected officials will make a difference…they will take notice if even a few people take the time to contact them. Just a brief, heartfelt message in your own voice will suffice. Information about how to reach them can be found below.
Here is some language that you might want to borrow from:
I am a [ticket buyer, donor, volunteer, &/or supporter] of The Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra, and I am distressed by orchestra management’s apparent lack of respectful and constructive negotiation with the musicians. I do not want to see this priceless and unique community treasure, so many years in the making, destroyed. I do not want to see these brilliant musicians move away or be forced to find other work. I do not want the “ripple effects” of empty concert halls harm local business owners and workers in service and support industries. Please use your influence to put pressure on SPCO Management to end the lockout and return to good-faith negotiations with the musicians.
To contact your State Senator and Representative:
- Find their names at: http://www.gis.leg.mn/OpenLayers/districts/
- From that page, you can click on their name to find their phone number, email address and mailing address.
To contact Saint Paul Mayor Chris Coleman:
- 651-266-8510 (you can leave a message)
- Post a comment or message to the Mayor online: http://www.stpaul.gov/FormCenter/Mayor-Forms-2-2/Contact-Mayor-Coleman-37-37
- Send a letter to Mayor Chris Coleman, 390 City Hall, 15 W. Kellogg Blvd., Saint Paul, MN 55102
To contact Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak (he’s on the SPCO Board):
- 612-673-2100 (you can leave a message)
- Post a comment or message to the Mayor online: http://www.minneapolismn.gov/mayor/contact/index.htm
- Send a letter to Mayor R.T. Rybak, 350 S. 5th St., Room 331, Minneapolis, MN 55415
To contact Governor Mark Dayton:
- 651-201-3400 (you can leave a message)
- Post a comment or message to the Governor online: http://mn.gov/governor/contact-us/form/
- Send a letter to Office of the Governor, 130 State Capitol, 75 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55155